WaterAid is seeking a consultant to develop and lead our strategy influencing the policy and practice of European Union institutions. WaterAid is looking for a consultant to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives through achieving access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in some of the world's poorest communities.
This person would help develop and then lead an influencing strategy targeted at the institutions of the European Union, and would be based in Brussels, Belgium.
Working with colleagues in the WaterAid UK-based Policy and Campaigns department, the consultant will:
- Develop, nurture and leverage key relationships in EU institutions.
- Develop WaterAid’s profile in Brussels as a thought leader on water, sanitation and hygiene and related areas.
- Build successful partnerships with external partners in the not-for-profit and corporate sectors to extend the reach of our messages.
To be successful, you will have extensive experience of working in a policy and/or advocacy role focused on the institutions of the European Union. We need someone with:
- Substantial EU knowledge, experience and networks.
- Sound political judgement and proven experience of engaging with and influencing decision makers at the Council of the EU, Commission and Parliament, including a good contact list.
- Knowledge of international development policy, preferably as it relates to health, education, water or sanitation or an associated field such as humanitarian relief or climate change/global environmental policy.
By 2030, everyone everywhere must to have access to clean water and sanitation. WaterAid needs you to help us make it happen.
There is no deadline for applying but we encourage you to get in touch as soon as possible.
For further information and to apply for the position, please visit the WaterAid website online.