There are many resources available to help you to find out more about SWA and opportunities for getting involved!
For an brief explanation of the SWA partnership, download and read our introduction in English, French and in Spanish.
Civil society groups at the High Level Meetings in 2017, documents from the preparation process and outputs of the Meetings
- The common messages on finance developed by CSOs for the Sector Ministers Meeting in Washington DC in April 2017. English, French, Spanish.
- CSO preparation guide for the HLM : English, French.
Civil society groups attended the Sector Ministers Meeting in Addis Abba, Ethiopia in 2016. Read the CSO briefs that were developed in the lead up to the event on the following key issues:
- SWA CSO Two-Pager on Governance
- SWA CSO Two-Pager on Effective Monitoring of WASH Within SDGs
- SWA CSO Two-Pager on Finance
All other SWA resources and tools:
- Visit the Official SWA website for comprehensive information about the Partnership and it's activities.
- Watch the 'SWA Explained' video.
- Consult the SWA presentation and the CSO preparation guide for the HLM (English, French).
- Use WASHwatch, the civil society WASH commitments Monitoring Tool to track your country's progress on the SDG 6.
- Consult the country collaborative behaviours profile.
- The latest UN-Water Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking-Water (GLAAS) report, implemented by WHO and published biennially, points to strong political commitments for WASH around the world. National policies are largely in place, with over 80 % of the countries reporting to have approved national policies for drinking-water and sanitation, and 75% having policies for hygiene. However, despite strong political support, data shows weak national capacity to execute WASH plans. The report offers insights to explain these gaps between aspirations and reality.
- Consult the WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme for Water Supply and Sanitation (JMP) 2017 Thematic Report: Safely Managed Drinking Water.
If there are resources that you think could be useful for your organisation in engaging more with the SWA partnership, please do contact the SWA CSO Advisor to make suggestions or request further information.