End Water Poverty (EWP)
- We amplify the voices and demands of civil society and communities.
- We connect human rights advocates working in different parts of the world.
- We facilitate the exchange of experience and expertise to sharpen strategies and strengthen solidarity.
- We mobilise members to advocate locally, nationally, regionally and globally for the rights to water, sanitation and a healthy environment to be legally recognised and practically implemented.
- We affirm that water and sanitation are public services.
- We provide mini-grants to members to support diverse context-specific action through the Claim Your Water Rights campaign.
End Water Poverty is a global civil society coalition campaigning for governments to respect, protect and fulfil people’s human rights to safe water and sanitation. We are comprised of over 150 organisations in 90 countries across Africa, America, Asia, and Europe. Though our membership primarily consists of community-based organisations and grassroots civil society, we also welcome trade unions, national/regional networks and international non-government organisations (INGOs).
End Water Poverty is coordinated by a two-person Secretariat that is managed by an elected Steering Committee representing the coalition’s different constituencies.
Latest news stories
Claim Your Water Rights grantees End Water Poverty dedicates 70% of its operational budget to members. Following our open call...
End Water Poverty 2022 general assembly Save the date: End Water Poverty will hold its biennial general assembly on Tuesday 27...
Claim Your Water Rights mini-grants: open call for applications Social change starts with civil society. Each year End Water...
🔔2 days to go🔔 Civil society can provide comments & suggestions on the five themes that have been proposed for the 2023 @UN_Water conference's interactive dialogues. More info➡️ https://t.co/2mktXigofx Read more
EVENT: @GermanyUNGeneva + @SpainUN will hold an informal discussion on an upcoming resolution to the human rights to safe💧&🚽 You will hear about the renewal of @SRWatSan's mandate & the 2023 @UN_Water conference. 📅 23 September 🕔16:30 UTC+2 ➡️ Read more
[6/6] "If we are serious about ending water poverty and creating a more just world, we must undo stigma and discrimination that stems from gender norms and other stereotypes, in all our work, research, advocacy, implementation, and in our organisations." - @Alanaxxv Read more
[5/6] @Alanaxxv's other recommendations include: 💧Making safe spaces 💧Sanctioning discrimination 💧Stop perpetuating the myth that women are caretakers and men are breadwinners 💧Stop taking up women’s time in tokenistic tick box exercises Read more
[4/6] So what needs to change? "Let’s get beyond the binaries", says @Alanaxxv. "There is no ‘right’ way to be a man or a woman. Binary ideas about men and women are as oppressive as ideas about race. We need to tackle our own patriarchal and colonial attitudes and practices." Read more